Some facial issues require surgery, but many common flaws are easily resolved with dermal filler injections. Your face reveals much about you, including your emotions, attitude, and your age.
When lines and wrinkles become etched into your skin, the smoothing effect of modern dermal fillers can subtly but dramatically improve your look.
Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Hyaluronic acid, or “HA,” is a sugar molecule that occurs naturally in the body. This molecule has the incredible capacity to attract and hold moisture. Children and young people have large quantities of HA in the skin, which is why their skin looks plump, soft, and fresh. Over time, your body no longer produces the same quantities of HA, and the skin becomes thinner and dryer – the perfect environment for the development of lines, wrinkles, and creases. HA-based fillers fill lines and wrinkles and act to hydrate your skin for a plumper, healthier look.
The Juvéderm Family of Fillers
Juvéderm has created one of the most popular and effective lines of dermal fillers. Each formula was developed for specific facial areas. The “XC” refers to the lidocaine added to the formula to enhance patient comfort during injections.
- Juvéderm Voluma XC: A thicker formula, Voluma is often the ideal filler to add cheek volume or long-lasting volume for the cheeks, cheekbones, along the jawline, or chin. It is injected into the deeper tissues for results that last, looking and feeling like natural tissue.
- Juvéderm Ultra XC: Injected to smooth moderate to several facial lines and creases, this formula is versatile, able to treat smile lines and marionette lines beautifully.
- Juvéderm Vollure XC: Vollure is another formula used to smooth facial lines, appropriate for mild to moderate facial lines and creases, and custom lip augmentations.
- Juvéderm Volbella: Volbella is one of the latest formulas, developed to create soft, pliable lip augmentations and to smooth away lip lines without producing a “puffy” look.
The Restylane Collection
Restylane is another brand of hyaluronic-based dermal fillers developed to smooth lines and add volume while maintaining your expressions. Several formulas are available that could be appropriate for you:
- Restylane Lyft: This formula can bring subtle volume to the cheeks, smooth smile lines, and is the only FDA-approved filler to restore lost volume to the hands.
- Restylane Silk: Lovely, full, soft lips can be yours with Silk injections. The filler was developed specifically for lip augmentation and to smooth vertical lip lines.
- Restylane Kysse: One of the latest members of the Restylane family of fillers, Kysse was developed to achieve flexible motion and soft, natural lip volume that lasts up to a year.
- Restylane Refyne: The flexible softness of Refyne can soften laugh lines and marionette lines while preserving your natural expressiveness.
- Restylane Contour: A recently released formula developed to restore volume to the mid-face region or to increase the fullness of your cheeks.
Radiesse fillers use calcium-based microspheres in a gel formula to smooth away wrinkles and lines, with the microspheres working to stimulate natural collagen production for long-term results.
Belotero is a luxury hyaluronic acid dermal filler, with a lower density. The thinner, smooth gel fills lines and wrinkles beautifully. The product is injected less deeply than some fillers and could be the ideal product to smooth visible lines to create a very natural-looking outcome, not overfilled.
The active ingredient in Sculptra is poly-L-lactic acid that triggers natural collagen growth for gradual and long-lasting results. Your skin can become firmer, more supple, and youthful with this groundbreaking treatment.
Is it Time?
If you feel that facial lines and creases affect your look, it may be time to consider filler injections. The precision and care with which the filler is injected make all the difference in the beauty of the results. Dr. Banerji uses the most delicate injection techniques and is focused on ensuring his patients love the results of dermal filler injections – fresh, natural, and smooth.
Best Filler Injections in Houston at Banerji Plastic Surgery
Dr. Banerji and his entire team at BPS Med Spa are dedicated to outstanding patient care, superior results, and providing a warm, friendly, non-intimidating environment where your aesthetic vision can be achieved. Dr. Banerji is a young, talented, board-certified plastic surgeon, committed to performing his best work on every person he treats, never rushed, never pressured, and always with warmth and compassion.