Microneedling is an in-office skin regeneration treatment that produces a significant difference in skin quality. The procedure involves tiny needles applied to the skin, which create micro-injuries that trigger your body’s natural healing process. As a result, your skin will naturally develop more collagen and elastin, nature’s skin-firming proteins.
Microneedling helps improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, reduce the look of acne scars, lighten hyperpigmentation, reduce pore size, smooth and firm skin texture, and soften the look of stretch marks.
Firmer, More Youthful Skin with SkinPen Microneedling
SkinPen by Bellus Medical is the first microneedling device cleared by the FDA. This device has been clinically proven to treat facial acne scars safely and effectively for people 22 years old and older. With as few as three non-invasive and affordable treatments spaced 30 days apart, you can improve your skin’s appearance and face life with confidence.
Fast Treatment, Beautiful Results
SkinPen microneedling is appropriate for all skin types, from dark to light, and requires only about 30 minutes to complete. SkinPen microneedling is minimally invasive, safe, and requires little to no downtime. Most patients just return to work or other activities the same or the next day.
What is the Treatment Experience?
A microneedling treatment involves creating micro-injuries in your skin, so a topical anesthetic is applied to help you experience minimal discomfort during the treatment. Immediately after your session, your skin will appear slightly pink to red, similar to a sunburn.
You could experience some degree of dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, tenderness, and in a few cases, mild burning for one to six days after treatment. These symptoms typically resolve over time and are generally very mild.
Preparing for Your Microneedling Treatment
- Avoid excessive sun exposure or getting a sunburn for at least 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Discontinue the use of topical retinoids 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- If you have an active breakout, you must wait for your skin to clear to undergo treatment.
- Wait 24 hours after autoimmune therapy before SkinPen treatment.
- Wait six months following oral isotretinoin use.
The SkinPen Treatment, Step By Step
- A topical anesthetic will be applied to alleviate most of the discomfort during the procedure.
- A serum will be applied to protect your skin during the treatment.
- The device is passed gently over your skin, with extra attention to areas with wrinkles, lines, scars, or other issues that need resolution.
- Use a gentle cleanser (no scrubs) and tepid water for the first 72 hours after treatment.
- You are free to apply serum antioxidants and hyaluronic acid post-treatment, but completely avoid applying any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acids, Retinols (Vitamin A), and Vitamin C for one week.
- Wait 24-72 hours post-treatment to begin applying makeup.
- Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily.
- Avoid sweaty exercise, swimming, and sun exposure for 72 hours after treatment.
- Avoid other facial aesthetic treatments for one month following your SkinPen treatment.
- For acne scarring, the best results are achieved with three SkinPen microneedling treatments spaced 30 days apart.
Fresh, Renewed Skin Can Be Yours
Your skin loses its natural firm, supple quality as it stops producing collagen and elastin as it did in your younger years. With SkinPen microneedling, the tiny injuries created by the device send a signal to your cells to regenerate and heal. The results are firmer, smoother skin – the direct result of the increase in collagen production occurring within the structure.
BPS Med Spa Your Microneedling Destination in Houston
At BPS Med Spa in Houston, our entire team is focused on personalized treatments for skin rejuvenation. Our array of advanced, non-surgical treatments can help you have healthier, glowing skin with a custom-tailored treatment plan. SkinPen microneedling makes it possible to send a signal to your skin to regenerate from within, building structure and firmness while smoothing away flaws, with no surgery needed. Our skincare professionals are warm, compassionate, and focus on providing an exceptional level of personal care.